Mordern lifestyle has changed many things in our life. The way we dress, our attitude, work environment, idea of having fun, the list is unending. The most threatening of all is the change it had brought to our diet. Though people are more consious about their health, they think in terms of medical care rather than dietary control. Increased health awareness has to led to more number people seeking medical care instead being healthy the natural way.
So talking about our new lifestyle, i definately ought to mention about people who skip their breakfast.
We work hard all day, party harder at night. We end up waking up late in the morning ultimately run out of time. The fear of getting late to office/college/school we often skip our breakfast in the morning.
Breakfast refers to the act of breaking our fast (not eaten since the night before).
Skipping breakfast does not end in deleterious manifestations but still there is a lot of difference. Breakfast skippers feel tired, restless or irritable in the morning.
The biochemistry behind having breakfast (:P) :
- Breakfast is the first chance of the body to refuel its glucose levels, also known as blood sugar, after eight to 12 hours without a meal or snack.
- Glucose is essential for the brain and is the main energy source.
- Blood glucose also helps fuel the muscles, needed for physical activity throughout the day.
- Breakfast is also very important for weight loss and weight management.
- It helps curb your hunger and prevent binge eating later in the day. Breakfast is important to manage your weight and potentially lose weight by eating less calories throughout the day.
Breakfast is very essential for those who:
- Go to school/college/office.
- Want to be active throughout the day.
- Have to do heavy work.
- Take good care of their health.
- Have BRAINS and wants to use them.
It is not a hard fast rule that we should eat our daily breakfast. But we should take care that skipping our breakfast does not become a habit.
P.S: My mom still complains that i don’t eat my breakfast regularly on time. lol. It is all in the game